Last Updated 9 December 2017
To fulfill our duties as a Services Provider and to ensure that we give each visitor and user the best possible experience, Intellihost collects various information of visitors to our website, clients and other entities that connects to an Intellihost Service and Infrastructure.
- 1.1 - When signing up for an Intellihost Service, we will collect Personal Information from the Client in relation to the Service they sign up for. Such Personal Information will be captured and stored to our Database which resides in the Republic of South Africa.
- 1.2 - During our ongoing relationship with the Client, Intellihost may collect and update further details of the Client which will then form part of the Personal Information stored by the Client.
- 1.3 - Intellihost will transfer a minimum set of data of each Client, which includes the Client’s Business Name, Contact Person, email address and mobile number to our offsite website intended to alert clients if there is an outage at our datacentre. Such information will be transferred to our offsite website which resides in the Republic of South Africa, but outside of our datacentre. This data is collected and sent hourly and retained for a maximum of 2 weeks before it is deleted from the offsite website.
- 1.4 - Intellihost will never share any Client Information with anyone except in the event where the Client has provided us the necessary permission in relation to a support case or when we are legally required to do so.
- 1.5 - When a Client makes use of a debit order to make payments to Intellihost, the Clients bank account information will be electronically transferred to our Debit Order Merchant (SagePay). Such transfers are done over SSL to ensure encryption and banking details, when loaded through our automated debit order email, will not be stored in the Intellihost database and only be stored on the SagePay system which resides within the Republic of South Africa.
- 1.6 - Intellihost may use the Clients Personal Information to make contact with the Client to either inform them of any outages, downtime or any personalized promotions for the Client.
- 1.7 - Intellihost may use the Clients email address to send monthly newsletters. Such Newsletters are managed and sent from MailChimp which is a 3rd party Supplier to Intellihost and will include an unsubscribe link for the Client to unsubscribe in the event where they do not want such notices.
- 1.8 - Intellihost will never sell, trade or give your Personal Information to any 3rd party unless we’re legally required to do so.
2. Information Collected from Emails:
- 2.1 - When someone interacts with Intellihost via email that may contain Personal Information, Intellihost will only make use of such data in relation to the request by the person. Such data may be shared either to staff members of Intellihost or shared to 3rd party Suppliers who may be needed to assist in the original requirement by the person who sent the email. Intellihost will never, without your permission, share personal information with anyone outside of the scope of requirement.
- 4.1 - When someone either visits the Intellihost Website or any other Website or program connected to the Intellihost Infrastructure, we collect data of each such a request. Although in most cases not deemed Personal Information, such data may be used to identify an entity with sufficient effort. Data that we collect includes:
- 4.2 - The IP Address and Hostname from which the connection was made.
- 4.3 - Browser information and type of device that was used to connect.
- 4.4 - Date and time of the connection.
- 4.5 - What pages / content you were attempting to request, including the full URL and any parameters that may have been sent along or POSTED to the request.
5. Security of Data
- 5.1 - Although Intellihost makes use of all reasonable measures to protect the data of our Clients and visitors, Intellihost cannot be held liable for any damages or loss sustained by a user where their data was either intentionally or accidentally released by an Intellihost Employee or 3rd party.